Peter McBride & Kevin Fedarko, "Between River and Rim: Hiking the Grand Canyon"
In an effort to share the Grand Canyon's uncharted glory and shed light on the many threats it faces, photographer/filmmaker Pete McBride and writer Kevin Fedarko set off on an audacious and demanding adventure: to transect the length of the canyon on foot. They now find themselves among only a handful of people who have through-hiked the entirety of the canyon. McBride is an award-winning photographer and filmmaker whose gripping angles - whether they involve 20,000 foot vantages or swimming below icebergs - have earned him a spot on American Photo Magazine's list of "the top five water photographers" in the nation. Kevin Fedarko has written for National Geographic Adventure, Esquire and Time, and his work has twice been anthologized in The Best American Travel Writing.
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
More Event Ideas
- More Events at University of California, Santa Barbara - Campbell Hall
- Maria Popova In Conversation with Pico Iyer at University of California, Santa Barbara - Campbell HallThursday, Apr 5, 7:30 PM
- Sunday, Mar 4, 3:00 PM
- Friday, Feb 23, 7:00 PM
- More Events on April 4, 2018
- Wednesday, Apr 4, 7:30 PM
- Wednesday, Apr 4, 5:30 PM
- Wednesday, Apr 4, 6:00 PM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.