Tommy Caldwell "The Push: A Climber's Search for the Path"
Legendary rock climber Tommy Caldwell's life story hasn't been the standard tale. In his early 20s, Caldwell was held hostage by militants in the mountains of Kyrgyzstan. Soon after, he lost his left index finger in an accident. Later his wife, and main climbing partner, left him. Emerging from these hardships with renewed determination, he set his sights on free climbing El Capitan's Dawn Wall. This epic assault took more than seven years or preparation, during which time Caldwell found love again, became a father and redefined the sport.
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
More Event Ideas
- More Sports Events
- 3rd memorial Daniel Hedrick Special Olympics Bocce Ball Tournament at Spencer Adams Park 1216 De La Vina StreetSaturday, May 19, 9:00 AM
- Saturday, May 5, 10:00 AM
- More Events at University of California, Santa Barbara - Campbell Hall
- Arturo O'Farrill and the Afro Latin Jazz Orchestra at University of California, Santa Barbara - Campbell HallThursday, May 17, 8:00 PM
- Thursday, Apr 26, 7:00 PM
- Nicholas Kristof "Building a Resilient Community: Turning Adversity into Opportunity" at University of California, Santa Barbara - Campbell HallMonday, Apr 23, 7:30 PM
- More Events on May 16, 2018
- Wednesday, May 16, 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, May 16, 8:00 PM
- Wednesday, May 16, 5:00 PM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.