February 12 - April 28, 2019
Lara Favaretto, in collaboration with Rennie Collection, Vancouver, Canada, features works spanning Lara Favaretto’s more than 20-year career and marks the artist's solo U.S. West Coast institutional debut.
Lara Favaretto (b.1973, Treviso, Italy) lives and works in Turin, Italy. Throughout her career, Favaretto has worked with a range of media, including performance, sculpture, installation, and video. Based on profound conceptual research, Favaretto’s complex artistic practice brings forth works that interact with space, activating the community and setting of a specific place. While Favaretto engages and allures audiences with gestures of the seemingly playful or festive, upon closer examination, her work paradoxically evokes the inevitability of failure and decay. Admission is free.
Lara Favaretto is curated by Abaseh Mirvali, Executive Director & Chief Curator.
Lara Favaretto, Lost & Found, 2008, Courtesy the Artist; Rennie Collection, Vancouver, Canada; and Galleria Franco Noero, Turin, Italy, Photo: Blaine Campbell.
Lara Favaretto, Coppie Semplici (Simple Couples), 2009, Installation view at Sharjah Biennial, UAE, 2009, Courtesy the Artist and Galleria Franco Noero.
Phone: (805) 966-5373
Event url: MCASANTABARBARA.ORG
653 Paseo Nuevo
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Other Dates & Times
- Wednesday, April 24, 2019, 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday, April 5, 2019, 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday, April 25, 2019, 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Sunday, April 21, 2019, 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- ↓ Show All
More Event Ideas
- More Art and Exhibits Events
- Thursday, Apr 4, 5:30 PM
- Thursday, May 9, 5:30 PM
- Wednesday, Apr 17, 5:30 PM
- More Events on March 28, 2019
- Thursday, Mar 28, 6:00 PM
- Kehinde Wiley: Equestrian Portrait of Prince Tommaso of Savoy-Carignan at Santa Barbara Museum of ArtThursday, Mar 28, 11:00 AM
- A Brilliant Spectrum: Recent Gifts of Color Photography to the Collection at Santa Barbara Museum of ArtThursday, Mar 28, 11:00 AM