Picnic in the Park - Event Volunteer
We are looking for volunteers to help with our Picnic in the Park program, which provides free, nutritious meals for all kids in our county from June 6 to August 20. If you are able to commit to at least two hours a week around lunchtime, please join us!
Interested in joining? SIGN UP ONLINE!
1. Visit foodbanksbc.org/give-help/volunteer.
2. Select the region where you would like to volunteer.
3. Create an account.
4. Select “I am interested in Picnic in the Park”
5. Look out for emails with more information!
Contact us with questions: Kelli Padilla (805)722-5251 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Estamos buscando voluntarios quepuedan ayudar para nuestro programade Picnic en el parque, el cual proveecomidas sanas y nutritivas para todoslos ninos del condado a partir de Junio 6hasta Agosto 20. ¡Si usted se puedecomprometer por lo menos 2 horas a lasemana alrededor de la hora de lacomida, por favor comuniquese connosotros!
¿Estaria interesado enparticipar? ¡REGISTRESE EN LINEA!
2. Seleccione la region en donde quiera ser voluntario.
3. Cree una cuenta.
4. Seleccione "Estoy interesado en un picnic en el parque"
5. ¡Esté atento a los correos electrónicos con más información!
What is Picnic in the Park? For many children who receive free and reduced-priced meals during the school year, summer can mean hunger. Just as learning does not end when school lets out, neither does a child’s need for good nutrition. In fact, 84% of children in our county who receive free or reduced-priced lunches during the school year don’t receive meal assistance during the summer, a time of critical brain development. That’s 34,000 children in our community. Picnic in the Park offers free, nutritious meals to ensure that summer is fun for all kids in our county. We rely on community volunteers to help manage and support these meal distributions, by handing out lunches, conducting essential meal tracking, and ensuring the safety of our clients. For more information about Foodbank of Santa Barbara County go to https://foodbanksbc.org/
Event url: foodbanksbc.org
490 W Foster Road
Santa Maria, CA 93455
Other Dates & Times
- Tuesday, August 10, 2021, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Friday, August 13, 2021, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Friday, August 20, 2021, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Friday, August 6, 2021, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- ↓ Show All